Maintaining Cholesterol levels
One of the most common causes of death among the elderly is heart disease. Heart disease accounts for more than 4 out of every 10 deaths. That’s alarming, right? Yes, stroke is another trigger. Have you ever, for a moment, thinking about the reasons behind this? It’s due to abnormal cholesterol levels in the blood! However, elevated cholesterol levels might not show apparent signs, but they do increase the chances of developing chest pain and other circulatory problems that can lead to strokes and heart attacks. Therefore, seniors must adhere to balanced and healthy and balanced diets.
Seniors can avail of the help of home care services to ensure that they are eating the right type of food. Skylab Home Healthcare is a well-known provider of home-based care in Trivandrum and is renowned for its high-quality geriatric care in this regard. In addition to the Laboratory services and support for daily living, Their skilled team provides regular health checks and offers nutritional and diet counseling, including help with the preparation of diabetic charts for senior citizens. The comprehensive and reliable care provided by Skylab lab Home Healthcare is sure to help ensure the best possible quality of life for the elderly.
Simple Diet Tips to lower cholesterol
- Consume food items that are high in soluble fibre-Eating fiber-rich foods helps prevent bio-resorption of bile within the stomach. The excess bile is eliminated through the feces. In order to produce more bile, the body removes cholesterol from the blood, thus decreasing the levels. Beans, beans, legumes, whole grain flax seeds, citrus fruits, and apples are all good sources of fiber.
- Include lots of fresh vegetables and fruits-It is vital to consume the right amount of healthy rainbow food, which is packed with fresh, seasonal fruits and vegetables. They also have powerful antioxidant properties that slow down the rate of aging and help to prevent the development of plaques within the heart. Incredibly, the vegetables such as the leafy greens of citrus fruits and spinach can be considered to be excellent food choices for the eyes and sight.
- Enhance the flavor with spices and herbs-It is human nature to seek out salty and delicious food items. However, eating too much salt is harmful to health. It is better to replace it with spices and herbs, which are packed with lots of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Consuming turmeric regularly, as well as garlic, ginger clove, cinnamon, clove, and mint, reduce cholesterol levels because of its antioxidant properties.
- Select a range of unsaturated fats instead of the saturated varieties-Unsaturated fats are high in omega 3 fatty acids. They have double bonds and transform into liquid at the temperature of the room. The significance of omega3 fatty acids is proven by their ability to decrease total cholesterol levels by nine percent and lower low cholesterol by 11 percent in just two months. A few classic sources of unsaturated fats include avocados, nuts, fatty olives, and fish.
- Select healthy foods to increase energy normal and tempting to select processed food items and delicious menus in restaurants that have fake trans fats. These are made by the hydrogenation of unsaturated fats. However, these foods can lower cholesterol levels in good people and can cause heart issues. Instead, you should make smart choices and choose healthier options like eggs, bananas, sweet potatoes, brown rice, apples, dark chocolates, and apples to boost your energy levels.
- Beware of sweets and foods that are sugary-Eating too many sweets with sugar and drinking drinks containing fructose raises cholesterol. Therefore, you should read the food labels carefully and select products that are sugar-free you can.
- Try Mediterranean kinds of diets. These diets consist of high-fibrous food items, fruits, vegetables, nuts, whole grains, and legumes. They are known to be healthy for your heart.
- Incorporate soy products and green tea into your diet routine-Soybeans are rich in proteins and isoflavones, which possess the capacity to reduce cholesterol. Green tea, too, is a great source of bad cholesterol because of its antioxidant properties. It also helps protect arterial walls and helps prevent plaque build-up.
Frequently Answered Questions
- What are normal cholesterol levels within our body?
- The total cholesterol level must be less than 200 mg/dL in adulthood.
- What are the different types of cholesterol?
- Low-Density Lipoprotein(LDL) bad cholesterol.
- High-Density Lipoprotein(HDL), also known as good cholesterol.
- What proportion of sugar could increase the levels of cholesterol?
If you are getting more than 25 percent of your total calorie intake from sugars can increase cholesterol levels and can increase the chance of suffering from heart disease.
- Give a list of natural cholesterol-lowering supplements.
Niacin, Psyllium Husk and L-carnitine
- Other lifestyle modifications to reduce cholesterol.
Exercise regularly, get quality rest, less stress, and ideal body weight.
So, lowering cholesterol levels is not rocket science. It is an easy formula: healthy eating and moderate physical exercise! Contact Skylab Home Healthcare Laboratory to know more. Contact 9778104936 https://www.skylabclinic.com/