We are all aware that High Cholesterol can lead to various health problems like stroke, heart issues and more. So, measuring the levels of Cholesterol within the body is vital. Cholesterol levels are calculated via the Blood test. A comprehensive collection of quizzes for Cholesterol is known as Lipid Profile. Find the top Cholesterol Test in Trivandrum at Skylab laboratory.
Cholesterol is a fatty substance that is vital to the body’s functioning. The body utilizes Cholesterol to create cells, hormones, and vitamins. Every cell of the body requires Cholesterol; however, simultaneously having too much Cholesterol could pose health risks. Cholesterol in our bodies comes from two primary sources. The liver produces the Cholesterol that the body requires, and the rest is derived from the food we eat.
Cholesterol comes in two types of Cholesterol, which are HDL as well as LDL. HDL, also known as good Cholesterol, protects us from Heart ailments, stroke, Peripheral Vascular Disease, and more. However, LDL is bad Cholesterol, increasing the chance of developing health problems.
Cholesterol is circulated throughout the body via blood. When there is an increase in Cholesterol levels in the blood, the risk of health problems also rises. If one takes Cholesterol tests, you can determine the possibility of fat accumulation inside the arterial. Plaque buildup could result in blocked or narrowed blood vessels all over the body.
Cholesterol Test or Lipid Profile
A Lipid Profile, also known as Cholesterol Test, gives us detailed measurements of the different kinds of blood fats, such as
- Total Cholesterol This test provides the full blood cholesterol content within the body.
- LDL (Low-density lipoprotein) cholesterol LDL, also known as Bad Cholesterol, causes plaque accumulation in the arterial. The test will reveal all LDL levels in the blood.
- HDL (High-density lipoprotein) cholesterol-HDL, Also known as Good Cholesterol, helps to eliminate LDL cholesterol and helps keep the arteries open. This test provides all HDL levels in the blood.
- Triglycerides – Triglycerides are a kind of fats that are found in blood. The body converts calories that are not needed into triglycerides. They are stored inside fat cells. A high level of triglycerides within the body can be attributed to being overweight, having a diet that is too high in sweets, drinking alcohol and more. The test measures the levels of Triglycerides in the blood.
- VLDL (Very Low-Density Lipoprotein)VLDL (Very Low-Density Lipoprotein) VLDL is one of the forms of harmful Cholesterol and has a significant quantity of Triglycerides. VLDL creates a buildup of Cholesterol on the arteries’ walls. This test provides VLDL levels in the blood.
Type of Cholesterol Ideal Range Borderline High High
Total Cholesterol <200 200-239 >240
LDL <130 130-159 >160
HDL >50 40-49 <40
Triglycerides <200 200-399 >400
Best Cholesterol Test (Lipid Profile) at Skylab Diagnostics
Skylab is fully automated technology that can eliminate human error and provide prompt and precise reports that are accurate and timely. Skylab Diagnostics offers the best Lipid Profile or Cholesterol Test in Trivandrum. Along with Hematology and Radiology, Skylab laboratory offers Trivandrum’s top Health Checkup Services. Patients can also use the Home sample collection facility at Skylab laboratory and have their blood pressure checked on their doorsteps.