Skylab clinical laboratory was established in 2006. It is a fully automated laboratory.
We are committed to providing Trivandrum world-class medical diagnostic lab services.
Our goal is to promote high clinical laboratory standards and foster mutual understanding and cooperation between physicians and other public health professionals. All our results are reported through the Laboratory Information System.
Our highly-trained staff takes care of specimens. All team receives ongoing education.
Our laboratory offers a complete range of hematology testing to diagnose and treat blood disorders such as anemia and blood clots.
We use the most advanced equipment, such as automated blood cell counters, to provide accurate and fast results. Our expert technicians and physicians carefully assess each test to ensure the highest quality and precision.
Why is it necessary to fast for specific tests?
The number of specific components in a person’s blood will depend on what they eat. After eating, the blood sugar level and glucose levels will temporarily rise.
A person should not eat for more than four hours before performing a blood sugar test.
Fasting is also required for specific tests, such as the fasting lipid panel. Before undergoing any test, always check with your doctor if you are required to fast.
What time does it take for a blood test to be completed?
If you have easily identifiable veins, the blood draw can be quick.
If you have easily visible veins, the blood draw can be quick. It takes between 4 and 8 minutes.
The likelihood of severe side effects is very low because only a tiny amount of blood is collected during the test.
Some potential common after-effects include:
- A blood test can cause hematomas (bruising), a common side effect. It may be necessary to take more than one blood sample if you have complicated veins. Although they can be painful, bruises are generally harmless and disappear in a few days.
- Another possible side effect of a blood test is a superficial infection. This can be reduced by using a clean, sterile method
- After a blood draw, a person may feel lightheaded. Anyone feeling lightheaded should stay seated until that feeling passes.
The administration fee covers blood tests and an email report with comments from the laboratory. This will indicate whether the test results were normal or abnormal.
We recommend using our GP Telephone Results Interpreting Service if your results are unusual. This will help you understand the implications of the results.
Any abnormal results will be reported to our receptionists. We will then contact your doctor.
If a doctor requests blood tests, the doctor will contact the patient directly to discuss abnormalities. Normal results will also be sent out.
Particular laboratory and blood tests do not require the administration fee (these are listed in the individual price list above).
What’s a routine blood test? Why is it important?
- It is essential to have a routine blood test once per year to monitor your physical health. For instance, knowing your cholesterol levels can help you adjust your diet and fitness plan.
- Blood tests can detect many heart, lung, thyroid, and kidney conditions early in life.
- A routine blood test will include a complete blood draw, also known as CBC. This is to determine your red and white blood cell counts, hemoglobin levels, and other blood components.
Choose your blood test.
- If you are not ill, the NHS will not allow you to have these blood tests.
- You may also want to run a variety of tests for your safety. cholesterol, fertility hormone levels and thyroid.
- We offer a complete list of private blood tests as well as other laboratory tests in Trivandrum
FBS, PPBS, RBS
GTT (Glucose Tolerence Test)
Glycosylated HB (HbA1c)
HDL, LDL, Cholesterol
LFT (Liver Function Test)
Sodium & Potassium
Serum iron, TLBS
HB, TC, DC, ESR
RBC Count Platelet Count
Absolute Eosinophil Count
PCV, MCV, MCH, MCHC
Peripheral Smear Study
Bleeding & Clotting Time
APTT Grouping & Rh
Smear for malarial Parasite
HIV I & II
Anti HBC lgM & lgG
R A Test
Anti Ds DNA
H – Pylori lgG/lgm
Pregnancy Card Test
Urine Reaction PH
Bile Salt, Bile Pigmen
Urine Micro Albumin
Stool Routine Examination
Stool Occult Blood
Sputum for AFB
Culture & Sensitivity of
Hb – Electrophoresis
TB lgm, lgG, lgA
Torch lgG, lgM
Cardiolipin AblgG, lgM
HSV IgG & lgM
Dengue Antibody lgm