Total tests included (2)
- Hba1c, Glycated Hemoglobin
- Hba1c, Glycated Hemoglobin
- Estimated Average Glucose (Eag)
The A1C test can be regarded as a standard blood test used to determine types 1 and 2 diabetes. If you have diabetes, the test can also assess how you manage your blood sugar levels. The A1C test is also known as the glycosylated hemoglobin, hemoglobin A1C, or HbA1c test.
A1C test results reflect your blood sugar level in the past 2 to 3 months. Mainly it is the A1C test determines the percent of hemoglobin proteins in your blood that has been coated in sugar (glycated). Hemoglobin proteins found in red blood cells carry oxygen.
The more high the A1C levels are, the less effective the blood sugar control you have and the greater your chance of developing complications from diabetes.
Book your home blood collection at 9778104936
The reason it’s done
Results of the A1C test could help your doctor or any other health professional:
- Diagnose prediabetes. If you have prediabetes, you are at an increased risk of developing diabetes or cardiovascular disease.
- Diagnose Type 1 and Type two diabetics. To confirm a diagnosis of diabetes, Your doctor may examine your results from two tests administered on different dates -either the two A1C tests or an A1C test, along with other tests, like the random or fasting tests for blood sugar.
- Check your treatment program for diabetes. The result of the initial A1C test can also help establish your base A1C level. The test is repeated regularly to keep track of your diabetes treatment program.
How often you should take the A1C test depends on the type of diabetes you have, the treatment plan you’re following, and how well you’re meeting your treatment objectives and your primary physician’s clinical judgment. For instance A1C tests are recommended: A1C test is recommended for:
- Every year, If you have prediabetes
- Once a year, if you don’t have glucose, your blood sugar levels are always within the range you want.
- Each year, you should visit four times when you use insulin or have difficulty maintaining your blood sugar levels within your desired range
You might require more frequent A1C tests if your physician alters your diabetes treatment regimen or you start taking the latest diabetes medication.
Hba1c test in Trivandrum I Best lab in Trivandrum l Laboratory near Statue l Hemoglobin test laboratory l Hemoglobin test in Shanmugam l Lab near me l home care lab in Trivandrum l best lab in pettah l Hba1c testing lab in Kumarapuram l anathapuri lab l Diabetes care lab in Trivandrum l home collection lab in Sasthamangalam l Top best laboratory in Thiruvananthapuram l Laboratory in Kowdiar l best laboratory in Kowdiar l Laboratory near lulu mall Trivandrum l Hba1c test in Sastamangalam l Hba1c test in near lulu mall Trivandrum l home blood collection lab near Killipalam l Hba1c test rate l laboratory near veli l Laboratory near Kochuveli l home blood collection laboratory near lords hospital l Laboratory near Lords Hospital l Laboratory Venpalavattom l Laboratory in Karikkakam l Laboratory home blood collection near Kims Hospital L home blood collection laboratory near Titanium l Hba1c test home collection l Hba1c test home sample collection Statue Trivandrum